Facing the Future: Trends in Pricing and Promotions for 2017
This session explores how retailers can successfully transition to a more agile and responsive price approach that positions them for success among growing market pressures including:
- The unprecedented pace of change in competitive prices, both online and in brick-and-mortar competitors
- Protecting Margins - Shoppers are shopping more and spending less – Holiday baskets using promotions increased by 52% this holiday season while margins are falling by 19%.
- Fast-evolving consumer preferences in an always-on, 24/7, omni-channel world
Panelists include Andres Valdivieso, CIO of Farmacorp; John Fleming, former EVP/Chief Merchandising Officer for the Wal-Mart; Sahir Anand, Principal Analyst and VP Research at EKN Research; and Cheryl Sullivan, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer at Revionics. Our panelists will chart a path to success for retailers leveraging:
- Recent market research from EKN & Revionics that shows where successful retailers are making strategic investments, including dynamic pricing, localized pricing and promotions and competitive price trends analysis
- Science-based insights to help retailers price with agility and effectiveness on those items that matter to customers
- How to counteract the deal-dependency without dropping prices below profitability
Revionics’s intuitive and transparent cloud-based solutions enable performance-driven retailers globally to leverage predictive analytics and build a shopper-centric, responsive merchandising model that creates a sustainable competitive advantage with a clear path to profit. Learn more.
Former Global CEO of Ecommerce
Principal Analyst and VP, Research
Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer