Demystifying Price and Promotion
Shoppers Bust Long Held Myths on Pricing and Promotions
How patient are shoppers when it comes to getting the right price? How long are they willing to wait? This study dives deep into shopper preferences around pricing and promotional offers, identifies the factors that determine loyalty, and helps retailers to maximize profitable uplift from their pricing and promotional offerings. Topics covered include:
- What is the relative importance of price, quality, variety, speed and convenience to shoppers when they are choosing where to shop?
- How do shoppers’ expectation differ across various store formats like discounters, DIY, fashion, and grocery?
- Is loyalty dead or has the shopper just set the bar higher?
- Do shoppers still plan ahead when shopping channels and how do they feel about spot offers?
- Promotions are being redeemed, and margins are taking a hit, but would shoppers have been just as happy paying full price?
Retailers must understand what their shoppers’ pricing and promotions expectations are to remain competitive. Download research
*Demystifying Price and Promotion, a November 2017 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Revionics.